Total #hits:

Monday, September 12, 2011

Fall Detox











Above: Meyer and a view of the Squannacook River this morning from my morning walk.

Practice this morning was easy, meaning that I took it easy, which is difficult. I skipped vinyasa between seated poses, I skipped anything that made my recalcitrant knee unhappy. In short, I did not push, I simply went through the majority of first series with relative ease. I much prefer to push hard and struggle.
Today begins a 7 day fall detox that Yoga Journal is leading this month. So I made kitchari this morning, which is really rice and beans with Indian spices. It was surprisingly good and transported me back to a silent meal at Kripalu, a meal in which every bite was pure nourishing joy. I might make it through this week after all. At the moment I am making a tea with fennel seeds and cumin seeds. It also calls for coriander seeds but I bought the powdered coriander seeds by accident and wasn't sure about substituting that. I'm also making ghee, which I'm made before.
And cutting down on coffee, but I'm still at 12 ounces. Hateful as it is, it's good for me to do from time to time as I'm addicted and it gives me insomnia, especially when consumption creeps up. I'm very interested to see what effect, if any, this gentle fall cleanse has on practice.
Join me if you dare! I'd love to see your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment