Total #hits:

Friday, September 23, 2011

Painting Uttanasana



Unbelievably, not only did my son want to paint this morning, but he let me paint and draw. Suddenly I'm making progress toward my artistic goals. It has been too long. This drawing of uttanasana is done with kids' tempera paints. Fun! I thought I would be more rusty, but it feels as if the knowledge of the poses from the inside helps draw them on the outside. Practice this morning was too short, but I made it to the mat and have plans to get back there this afternoon, but that will be to work on plans for my class this Sunday, not ashtanga. I think that I'll revisit a PranaVayu sequence I was working on over the summer. PranaVayu is a style of yoga founded by David Magone in 2001, and that's what I learned for my 200 hour teacher training. David just redesigned his website and it is totally gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment