Total #hits:

Thursday, September 8, 2011


Tuesday morning I taught a creative vinyasa class that I put together using what I have learned from PranaVayu yoga, Ashtanga, and other teachers & styles. It’s interesting that I just read a blog where the writer went on a long rant about people who do this, who mix and match styles. But you know, someone designed all of these styles (Ashtanga included, although the age of the lineage is a topic for another day), and they used all that they had learned from previous teachers. Most vinyasa teachers do this, unless they teach a particular style and adhere to all of its dictums. In my vinyasa classes I am experimenting with designing sequences that are balanced (backbending and forward folding, building strength and developing flexibility), offer variations for everyone from the beginner to advanced practitioner, and inspire a love of yoga. I want to help people experience their bodies from the inside out, and to plant the seed that a strong, healthy, flexible body is an ally on the spiritual journey; even if one is ostensibly not on a spiritual journey and just wants a good workout.

I’m working on a blogroll, but for now I wanted to thank my friend Ursula linking to this blog. Her blog is my inspiration, and well worth a detailed look. I’m a fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment